When a Lincoln, Nebraska, homeowner’s garage door cable broke, the door started moving unevenly. Worried about their safety, they stopped using it and called Titan Garage Doors Lincoln NE for a garage door repair service. Our team arrived quickly, looked at the situation, and found a loose, broken cable that had caused the problem. The techs quickly and expertly replaced both cables to ensure the garage door worked well and to prevent problems in the future. They also did a full inspection to make sure everything was in order. Upon testing the door, the garage door worked perfectly, ensuring no more problems would happen. The homeowner felt relieved and thankful for the reliable garage door repair service. They knew they could count on our experts for anything they needed with their garage door.
Garage doors move up and down with the help of cables. These cables are a key part of the garage door to work in harmony. However, when they get old, things could go wrong. What are the things you should do when these cables break? Why is it a good idea to change both cables to keep things safe and working right? Let us learn the basics of dealing with a broken garage door cable.
What to Do When Garage Door Cables Break
Here is what you should do when your garage door cables break:
- Keep yourself safe: Do not mess with the broken cables. They can be dangerous. Stay away from them, and do not attempt to fix them yourself.
- Get help from a pro: Talk to people who know about garage doors. They know what to do and have the tools to do it safely.
- Explain the problem: Tell the experts what happened. Describe the broken cables and any other problems you have noticed with the door.
- Let them check: Let the professionals check the door and cables. They will figure out what the best solution is.
- Follow recommendations: Listen to what the experts say. They might tell you to replace the cables or do other work to get your door to work again.
- Remain patient: Repairs might take a while. Be patient and let the experts do their jobs correctly.
Remember, it is best to let professionals handle garage door cable repair. They ensure your safety by fixing problems the right way.
Why You Need to Replace Both Cables
It is important to change both garage door cables for a few reasons:
- Equal Wear and Tear: Both cables undergo the same amount of wear and tear. If one cable breaks, it is likely the other will soon follow. To avoid problems in the future, you must replace both cables at once.
- Balanced Lifting: For the door to open and close evenly, it is essential to replace both cables. If one cable is new and the other is old, the door may not work right, causing more trouble.
- Keeping from being charged twice: If you only change one cable, the other old cable could soon break. That means that the next fix will cost you again. You can avoid this trouble and save money if you change both cables.
To avoid issues down the road, you must change both garage door cables together to keep them working well. It is a smart step that will assure your safety and save you from costly fixes.
Are you having trouble with the cables on your garage door? Do not wait until a small problem gets worse. Take action today to ensure your garage door is safe and works well. Titan Garage Doors Lincoln NE is the only place to go for top-notch garage door repair and a full range of garage door services. We are garage door pros who can help you with any troubles. So whether you have broken cables or squeaky rollers, we can fix your garage door quickly to work perfectly again. Your garage door’s well-being is just a phone call away! Call us now and see why we are the best in the game.